Welcome to AutoForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

2001 focus will not idle

 
   car problems (Home) -> Ford/Mercury -> Ford Focus RSS
Next:  Emissions test problems  
Author Message
Dan Lucas

External


Since: Jun 15, 2007
Posts: 2



(Msg. 1) Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:07 pm
Post subject: 2001 focus will not idle
Archived from groups: alt>autos>ford>focus (more info?)

Hi all,

My 2001 focus with a 2.0L 5spd zetec suddenly quit idling.
When you try to start the car you have to give it a little gas or it
won't start. Once it is running it runs fine, but if you take your foot
off of the gas it will stall. Any ideas ?

thanks

 >> Stay informed about: 2001 focus will not idle 
Back to top
Login to vote
smoedog

External


Since: Jun 04, 2007
Posts: 13



(Msg. 2) Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:12 pm
Post subject: Re: 2001 focus will not idle [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Jun 15, 9:07 am, Dan Lucas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My 2001 focus with a 2.0L 5spd zetec suddenly quit idling.
> When you try to start the car you have to give it a little gas or it
> won't start. Once it is running it runs fine, but if you take your foot
> off of the gas it will stall. Any ideas ?
>
> thanks

Sounds like your IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve quit working. Its
located on the front of the intake manifold between the manifold and
the block. Pain to get to. As a temp fix just take strips of duct
table and wrap them around the plate that contacts the throttle stop
screw on your throttle body. This will open the throttle just enough
to let it idle.

 >> Stay informed about: 2001 focus will not idle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Dan Lucas

External


Since: Jun 15, 2007
Posts: 2



(Msg. 3) Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:12 pm
Post subject: Re: 2001 focus will not idle [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

wrote:
> On Jun 15, 9:07 am, Dan Lucas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My 2001 focus with a 2.0L 5spd zetec suddenly quit idling.
>> When you try to start the car you have to give it a little gas or it
>> won't start. Once it is running it runs fine, but if you take your foot
>> off of the gas it will stall. Any ideas ?
>>
>> thanks
>
> Sounds like your IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve quit working. Its
> located on the front of the intake manifold between the manifold and
> the block. Pain to get to. As a temp fix just take strips of duct
> table and wrap them around the plate that contacts the throttle stop
> screw on your throttle body. This will open the throttle just enough
> to let it idle.
>
Thanks for the info. I will give the duct tape a try and go shopping for
a new IAC valve.

thanks again.
 >> Stay informed about: 2001 focus will not idle 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
ford focus idle prob - first about my car ford focus 2.0 16v zetec ghia (1999 uk model) the problem is since last week it has been idling poor like if it's misfiring, I have checked the computer for error code's but there is none stored on the computer. also when doing about...

2003 focus dies at idle, stalls when accelerating - My 2003 Ford Focus has recently been stalling and downshifting on the highway when I hit a bump, occasionally it would die or stall when I pressed the brakes suddenly.....now just this morning it was fine on the highway but when I got onto the offramp it...

2001 ZTEC problem - I have a 2001 SE Wagon with the 2.0 ZETEC engine. When the engine is cold it runs very rough at idle. This can be either sitting still or if I let up off the gas going down a hill or around a curve. Here is the strange part... If I drive it 5 or 6..

focus a/c - can anyone tell me where the low presure and high presure port is on the uk ford focus its a 2000 model

Focus with or without DPF? - Can any of you experts tell me the pros and cons of the DPF (diesel particulate filter) please?, other than the one with DPF is more expensive of course!
   car problems (Home) -> Ford/Mercury -> Ford Focus All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]